Trending
Loading...
Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Book Club Recap: Dywuanna Sykes

As for this month’s event, it was a lot of fun. We had a great time as usual and on the real, McKinley’s is the right spot for event such as this one. Just thought I’d mention that. Local author Dywuanna Sykes was such an inspiration to the audience and she inspired us with her story of beating cancer. 

I think it’s amazing that sometimes we go through things in life that we think happens to us to take us out. But then as we learn more about purpose, we start to understand that sometimes we have to go through things in life in order to help us to realize what our purpose is. I believe her purpose is to inspire others to overcome their odds and move past their situation. Someone was touched that day.

I encourage you to learn more about her. Go to her website at masteryourpassions.com. Look up on Facebook and connect with her. If you haven’t, please get a copy of her book. You’ll be inspired by her story for sure.

One of my favorite parts was the Q&A discussion via Skype with Ms. Murray. She was a great interview. She mentioned that the book will become a movie in the later part of 2015. It will be a limited release similar to Zane’s “Addicted”. I was curious to find out who would be cast in the film. She wouldn’t divulge any info. I tried though to get it out of her though. Lol.

We also did the “Hey Myron” relationship discussion. This was off the chain…once again that is. This is becoming a really popular part of the event as well. I figured, it was so much fun, let’s just do it again right?

So…make sure you join us for the January Book Club Meet-Up on Saturday January 17th from 4-6. We will be at McKinley’s Restaurant as usual. The featured selection will be “Every Woman Needs a Wife” by Naleighna Kai. We will also be speaking to Ms. Kai through Skype as well. So get your questions about the book ready!

Our local featured author will be Ms. Shelia Whalum. She will be speaking about her book call, “Why Love Doesn’t Last”. As always, great food, great people and fabulous door prizes. I expect to see you on January 17th.

Comments:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 The Whats Happening Myron Bookclub All Right Reserved
Back To Top